Robot Unicorn Attack
This game was released as a flash game on [adult swim]'s website. /v/ fell in love with it so hard that they dedicated a whole day to it, even getting moot to add background music and rainbows to /v/ for awhile. Since the game really needs no walkthrough, in this section we are instead going to discuss general tips and tricks, as well as differences between the BROWSER version and the DOWNLOADABLE version.
How To Play
- Push Z to JUMP.
- Push X to DASH.
- Collect ROBOT FAIRIES for extra points; they stack in multiples of 10.
- DASH through STARS for extra points; they stack in multiples of 100.
Game Tips and Tricks
- Hold Z longer to float higher
- It should be obvious, but also remember that you can always double-jump.
- Do not underestimate the power of your DASH (using the X button). Your dash isn't just for breaking stars, you can chain dashes and jumps together to float for distances much longer than initially intended.
- On that note, your dash can also save you from death; if an incoming collision is at less than an 85 degree angle, you can slide along the wall with your dash.
- Pushing R on your keyboard resets the wish; use it right before you die, although your timing has to be impeccable.
- Remember, the quicker you collect FAIRIES or break STARS, the better.
- If you collect them fast enough, instead of each fairy being 10 points it will stack by 10, 20, 30, 40, etc. For the stars, it goes 100, 200, 300, 400, etc. Collect both as quickly as possible, as much as possible, to quickly gain a greater and greater score.
- On that note, if it starts getting a bit too fast for you, don't worry about collecting anymore, your main priority is always not to die.
- Sometimes the action is getting a bit too fast to pay any sort of attention to the SCORE COUNTER; this is why the DOLPHINS exist. They are visual cues that appear every 5000 POINTS.
- It's unnecessary but handy to know that one more dolphin appears for every set of 5000. For example, at 10000 points you get two dolphins, at 100,000 you get twenty, etc.