These are comments about the front page or the wiki in general made during 2014.
For recent comments, see Talk:/v/'s Recommended Games Wiki
Needs some updatin' Edit
- Also removing 'recently discontinued' that are five years or more older:
- DS: 2007.
- Dreamcast: 2001.
- GBA: 2008.
- Xbox: 2008.
- The numbers for the Nintendo DS are wrong. Only the original model was discontinued in 2007. The DS Lite was produced until 2011, and it seems they have only discontinued the DSi/XL in Japan on early 2013. In fact, they still sell it in the US&A.  --LYRIC-Stormwatch (talk) 21:52, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
Now we have to get rid of the flamey junk and add some actual content. I can't help much because I have neither of the new machines, but I put placeholder tables in their pages. --LYRIC-Stormwatch (talk) 08:25, January 1, 2014 (UTC)
Another idea, how about breaking the "Current consoles/handhelds" column into two rows. Also, put it in proper alphabetic order:
- Current consoles
- Microsoft Xbox 360
- Microsoft Xbox One
- Nintendo Wii U
- Sony PlayStation 3
- Sony PlayStation 4
- Current handhelds
- Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo DS
- Sony PlayStation Portable
- Sony PlayStation Vita
- Done. Played it loose with the alphabetic sorting so that more recent releases are closer to the top. Not sure about the simple grid layout, may tweak that later, along with adding the more obscure but current gaming hardware. I'll tinker on that elsewhere, probably. --Mozai (talk) 15:11, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
Shouldn't PSP be retired? DS doesn't have games coming out for it anymore either unless we're just going by what's still being manufactured, but if we do that I thought Wii Minis were still being produced. IMO it should just be 3DS + Vita at this point. Hypoxium (talk) 21:35, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
Impasse: merging art/title columns? Edit
There seems to be an edit conflict at the arcade games page: Kitsuneae has merged the art and title columns, positing that it saves screen space, no one sorts columns by image, and is more readable. I vehemently oppose this change because it looks uglier, actually far less readable, and is inconsistent with pretty much EVERY other page in this wiki. -- LYRIC-Stormwatch (talk) 02:34, January 14, 2014 (UTC)
I agree, it looks disastrous. The current style has been tried and true through various edit wars, debates, hissing and cat fighting way back when this shit started. It was basically the only style everyone agreed on, and I worked my ass off back in the day to make all the pages that existed back then to conform to that style. It works fine. If it's a space issue, then get off the shitty 'new' wikia look and go back to the superior monobook, nii-san. MFGreth1 (talk) 14:43, January 22, 2014 (UTC)
Java icon Edit
The "Java ME mobile phones" entry in the main page uses the logo as an icon, which doesn't have the right proportions. Here is a proper 32x32 icon, plz replace kthx. --LYRIC-Stormwatch (talk) 15:22, January 27, 2014 (UTC)
More Hardware Edit
- Nice. Have another icon! And how about this for obscure: the Action Max! --LYRIC-Stormwatch (talk) 21:11, February 22, 2014 (UTC)