Welcome to /v/'s Recommended Games Wiki
All of these recommendations come from /v/ (or at least should be). Expect tastes that may not match your own, a healthy serving of hateful language, and punishing standards of quality. We hate so hard because we love video games so much.
This wiki, like all wikis, lives and breathes on the efforts of volunteers. If /v/ is going nuts over a new release or an unburied gem from the past or you can contribute to one of our lists, we appreciate it.
PROTIP: The new Wikia look sucks, so log in, click 'my preferences' at the top, scroll down to 'Site Layouts' and change it back to 'Monobook'. Now in delicious Burichan flavor!
Public Apology: The previous protection setting was "prevent anonymous and 'new' users from editting". It has come to my attention however, that whatever wikia coding considers "not new" takes far too long to be preferable for new edits to take place in a quick and user-friendly. Therefore, I take it upon myself to completely eliminate the restrictive access from all but the front page. Come what may, I feel this is the proper course of action, considering I failed to see how slow the Time-Based restriction was until today. However, I have also decided, as a result of my "broken" laptop-based absense, that, except in the case of banning users who conduct shilling (i.e. like the R4 ordeal) and lilegal and non-vidya activities (such as spam-uploading men with erections, gamer fuel, etc.) and editting the front page, that I shall not utilize the Dejiko username and its mod/admin capabilities. As I rejoin the editor ranks under a new name, I make my last formal request: Don't fuck it up. Dejiko (talk) 05:41, May 25, 2014 (UTC). *note: This apology will be deleted in a few days, so as to not take up space for too long.
(this space temporarily blank)
Tablets and mobile devices
History of Game Machines
Special Interest Groups
By gamers, for gamers
Events of note
- January 22nd, 2014: Uh oh. It's that time again. The "Our 2013 Faves" page is now live, here. I've also created a category to help facilitate anyone trying to view the old lists.
- December 2nd, 2013: I (Dejiko) have been having computer problems recently and have been unable to connect to the net with my craptop. I sincerely apologize to everyone I have inconvenienced by this, especially since there was some more editing I was going to do, literally right when things started fucking up. I will try to get back on task as soon as possible, since the sooner I can get things noted by contributors and editors, the sooner I can end this dumb lockdown I started. (This is mostly a side-note and will be deleted as soon as I get things under control.)
- October 27th, 2013: Well, I guess things will have to be done a bit differently, since it seems we can't have anything without somebody sabotaging it. I'll be discussing this with the other admins later rather than sooner, though I suppose a thread-to-thread basis is the most likely plan of action. Don't expect much anything to change until the 28th or so.
- March 19th, 2013: We are currently in the process of culling games from pages. Some pages are simply too big, and to keep the recommendations to the better titles on respective systems, we are going to try and play as many games on lists as we can to start trimming the fat, starting with the SNES page.
- December 27th, 2012: The world didn't end. Boo fucking hoo. Anyways, how did you enjoy "da vidya gaems" in 2012? Feel free to note Your 2012 Faves at the respective page. (It's a bit early for this, but screw it, we're close enough.)
- July 11th, 2012: The Reviews by /v/ page is now up! Now you can be a "professional reviewer" (whatever that means), too. Thanks to DrFino (Dr. Fino?) for getting this started!
- May 8th, 2012: Cloudman 15 creates the RTS games page. Keep them Zerg at bay. KEKEKEKE.
- February 11th, 2012: The Vidya Gaem Awards sucked. What are the odds?! If you'd like to post your personal picks to let off steam, go right ahead.
- January 25th, 2012: Cloudman15 creates the Fightan Games category. HADOUKEN!
- January 24th, 2012: Cloudman15 creates the recommended game reviewers/Let's Players page, come read about some pretty good/ decent motherfuckers and feel free to add some of your own.
- December 25, 2011: Happy Holidays to you from us. Even when the holiday cheers die down, your Wiki keeps on partyin'!
- October 31, 2011: Resident Wikia and Vidya fellow, Mozai, has become an admin. This Mozai is your friend. He fights for vidya.
- July 11th, 2011: We're not dead! New: Space Games, Games Made by /v/irgins, Games /v/ Dreams About! Multiplayer Recommendations updated with over 79% new content!
- May 27th, 2011: Frontpage redesigned thanks to our glorious editors. Roll that beautiful vidya footage.
- April 6th, 2011: /v/'s Dynasty Warrior fans have started a wikia for DW at http://dynastywarriors7.wikia.com/wiki/Dynasty_Warriors_7_Wiki Give them a hand if you can!
- Sept 24th, 2010: Dejiko and MFGreth become admins! I, for one, accept our new retro gaming overlords.
- Sept 16th, 2010: MFGreth separates the Atari and Colecovision pages, and starts the Intellivision page. Second gen games needed some love.
- Sept 11th, 2010: Props to PKFire for starting the Adventure Games page in the Special Section.
- March 16th, 2010: Aco88 added the Upcoming Games page, to keep tabs on new games.
- February 24, 2010: MFGreth changed 'Character Games' to 'Special Interest Games' to give more space to the extremely specialized lists. Mythical/Historical Games was added to the list.
- October 20, 2009: Another special page started by MFGreth, Halloween Games!
- October 19, 2009: MFGreth makes the Mickey Mouse page in celebration of Epic Mickey.
- May 16, 2009: Kotep creates the wiki on a whim.
/v/'s biggest contributor is Anonymous, so that includes you. Yes, you. We can't keep this thing up-to-date without you.
- Use the search box on the left and start typing. If you pause, it will offer suggested pages that match.
- If you're new to making wiki pages, check Wikia's "Getting Started"'
- See if there are pages on this wiki that want to be made.
- See if there are pages on this wiki that are asking for help.
- You should know the difference between a SHMUP and a rail-shooter; read A List and Guide to Game Genres
- We have a Forum here purely for the wiki. If you want the stream-of-consciousness record of what /v/ thinks, you may be better off not knowing.
All materials not created specifically for this site are owned by their original creators and/or current owners within respective copyright and ownership law.